The first step is to hook up your microcontroller to your lights. We only need three wires, two for power (black and red), and one for data (green).
Follow these steps:
- Cut off one end of three jumper wires and strip about 5mm of insulation from each wire.
- Solder one wire to each of the three pads on the NeoPixel strip: 5V, GND, DIN.
- Plug the other end of each wire into the NodeMCU as follows:
- 5V to the VIN pin (+)
- GND to any GND pin (-)
- DIN (Data In) to the D1 pin
- If you want to chain together multiple strips, connect the positive and negative you can see at the other end of the strip, to the other. Same for the DO (Data Out) to DIN (Data In) in the next strip
If every is successful, when you plug in your NodeMCU, it should show the default rainbow!